Hukawai Lodge Art Gallery is a small private gallery that opens for three months from December 1 to February 28, during which time three Artist-in-Residence opportunities are available, each of one months duration from the first of the month to the last day of the month, culminating in an exhibition and presentations. Tickets sold by Hukawai Lodge. The value of each Residency is NZD20 000.
ARTIST RESIDENCY AIM Historic visual iconography tends to be limited to the realistic rendering of the landscape, generally in oils although latterly more so in acrylics. We are keen to collaborate in fresh visual interpretatons of South Westland.
- Weekly serviced first floor Lodge accommodation in an ensuited king size guest room with views across the farm to the Southern Alps. Includes coffee/tea making facilities, small fridge. French doors open on to wrap around deck.
- Small studio directly opposite accommodation with views across the farm to Lake Mapourika. Large studio easel. French box easel. Walls may be used. French doors open on to wrap around deck.
- For sculptors and others requiring a workshop, such a space can be made available.
- Non-menu meals, served in the dining room/cafe
- Menu meals and beverage available to purchase
- Private laundry
- 1x helicopter flight to the glacier
- hukawailodge.co.nz page devoted entirely to the work completed during the AiR
Also provided to the Hukawai Lodge Art Gallery Artist in Residence:
- Access to private areas on +2000ha for inspiration
- 4WD 4-wheeler ATV, 4WD ute can be made available to access private areas within the farm.
- Kayak, paddleboard, jet boat can be made available to access Lake Mapourika.
- A small highlighted space in the Foyer shop for AiR items which generally include postcards, self published books, prints etc. These items can remain until Feb 28 but will be placed in a secondary space. There is a fee applied to each purchase passing through our eftpos facility.
- A space within the Artist’s Studio can be organised by the AiR for the same purpose.
Residency does not include travel costs, art materials, personal toiletries etc. It also does not include costs associated with sales of the AiR work.
APPLICATIONS taken for December 2018, January and February 2019 and December 2019, January and February 2020.
Please email Em at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call on 037520047.